It's possible to be high-performing and entitled.
It's tricky when these high performers work for your team because it's easy to become dependent on them.
Signs of entitlement:
- They don't tell you when they're going to take time off, or for how long unless you hound them
- They tell you they'll do something today, or tomorrow and then don't
- They get bothered with structure
- They are hesitant to commit to deadlines
- They are hard to reachf in general
- They don't ever disclose or share that they work for your organization
This impacts culture. It's not worth it.